LIFE Lawrence County Services
LIFE helps older adults continue living in their homes with comprehensive and coordinated services to address a range of needs that often accompany the aging process. LIFE also makes life easier for families and friends currently providing caregiving by partnering with them to manage all of the complex medical, functional, and social needs for their lived one.
LIFE medical management and socialization services include the following:
- An interdisciplinary team including a physician, nurse practitioner, nurses, social workers, dietician, recreational coordinator and rehabilitation therapists
- An on-call nurse and physician available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Individualized, personal care
- Support and assistance to caregivers and to family members involved in providing care
Based on an individual's need, LIFE can provide the following services:
- Adult day services
- Personal care
- Home care, housekeeping, and laundry
- Recreational programs
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Transportation to the LIFE Center and to medical appointments
- Medication management
- Meals/Assistance with meal preparation
- Medical equipment
- Equipment for safety in the home
- Dentistry, optometry, and audiology
Services can be provided at the LIFE Center, at home, through outpatient and specialty services and inpatient settings when necessary. Even if a participant requires hospital or nursing care, LIFE manages, arranges and monitors the individual's plan of care.
*Fee for the Program:
What you pay for LIFE depends on your financial situation.
If you have Medicaid, you won't pay a monthly premium for the long-term care portion of the LIFE benefit. If you don't qualify for Medicaid but you have Medicare, you'll be charged a monthly premium to cover the long-term care portion of the LIFE benefit and a premium for Medicare Part D drugs.
There's no deductible or copayment for any drug, service, or care approved by your health care team.
If you don't have Medicare or Medicaid, you can pay for LIFE privately.
LIFE enrollees must agree to receive all needed health care, including primary care and specialty physician services (other than emergency services) from LIFE and its providers. Participants may be fully and personally liable for the costs of unauthorized services or those outside of the LIFE network.
Enrollment in LIFE is voluntary and you may disenroll at any time.