Help at Home - Lutheran SeniorLife
If you or a loved one are in need of some assistance at home, Lutheran SeniorLife offers two options - LIFE (Living Independence for the Elderly) Programs and BeHome PartnersTM.
LIFE means Living Independence for the Elderly, and LIFE Programs are an innovative alternative to nursing home care designed to do just that by restoring and preserving adult independence. The LIFE locations in Beaver, Butler, Allegheny and Lawrence counties help eligible older adults who are living at home by managing their complex medical, functional and social needs. Participants have a full range of medical, social and rehabilitation services available to them at no cost* including:
- Comprehensive medical care
- Adult day care
- Support care in the participant's home
- Prescription coverage
- Recreational programs
- Transportation to and from the LIFE Center where medical and social needs can be met
Even if a participant requires hospital or nursing care, LIFE manages, arranges and monitors the individual's plan of care. We help make life easier for caregivers and we support the family’s efforts to provide care for their loved one. Services can be provided at the LIFE Center, at home, through outpatient and specialty services and inpatient settings when necessary. For more information contact (724) 378-5400.
* LIFE enrollees must agree to receive all needed health care, including primary care and specialty physician services (other than emergency services), from the LIFE programs and its providers. Participants may be fully and personally liable for the costs of unauthorized services or those outside the LIFE network. A co-payment may be required for nursing home care.
BeHome PartnersTM, an agency of Lutheran SeniorLife, offers comprehensive skilled home health services and private duty home care to individuals in Allegheny, Beaver, Butler and Lawrence counties. Their team of professionals includes registered nurses (RNs, LPNs), home health aides, physical, occupational and speech therapists and social workers. Upon physician referral, this team develops an individualized and comprehensive health care plan for a broad range of conditions and needs including:
- Patient and caregiver education regarding medication management, safety and nutrition
- Rehabilitation for mobility, self-care and equipment assessment
- Wound and ostomy care
- Intravenous therapy
- Telehealth monitoring
Private duty home care services are also available to provide personal care and support to help individuals maintain their level of independence in their place of residence. These services do not require physician referral and are usually not covered by insurance.
Skilled home health services are initiated through a physician's order and reimbursable my most insurance companies. Skilled services are tailored to the individual and may include physical, occupational and speech therapy, wound management, nutritional counseling, and home health aide services included in the plan of care.
Private duty home care services are designed to provide non-medical routine personal care and support, tailored to the individual, including assistance with aspects of self-care, conversation, companionship and help with household tasks.
For more information on BeHome PartnersTM, please call (724) 631-0200.